Siberia Trekking - discover Russian nature
Altai trekking. North-Chuensis ridge.
Altai trekking tour. North-Chuensis.
Altai is a pearl of Siberia, one of the most beautiful and scenic places in Russia. One told trekking in Altai is impressive as trekking in Himalaya. Majestic snow-capped mountains rise above green valleys of Chuya river.
During this tour we will see variety of landscapes: steppes, forests, mountains, glaciers and lakes.
We will meet in Barnaul, then we will drive along Chuensis road to Chibit village. Picturesque surroundings changes from woodland scenery to mongolia-like deserted mountains. Chibit is a small village lost in the hills.
Pictures of Altai trekking are available here:
Please note, personal stuff will be carried in backpacks. Food and tents will be carried by horses. Participants have to be able to walk to 7 hours per day, sometimes on uneven terrain.
Cooking on fire, participants are taken to be involved into process - gathering woods, carrying water for cooking.
List of equipment
- backpack, warm sleeping bag (with extreme temperature to -15 celsius), sleeping pad
(warm sleeping bag, sleeping mat and backpack can be rented, if you write us in advance).
- trekking shoes, light shoes for river wading and day's rest
- rain jacket, pants, fleece pullover, thermal underwear, socks (2 pairs of cotton and 1 pairs of warm trekking socks), cap, raincoat
- the dishes (mug, spoon, bowl and knife)
- forehead lamp
- matches, personal first-aid kit, dental paste with tooth brush, tissue