Siberia Trekking - discover Russian nature
Trekking to Kuznetsk Alatau mountains
Kuznetsk Alatau features picturesque mountain area, various fauna, clear water and bright flowers. Best time to visit is June. You can see how summer is changing to spring season during going up.
We will see lots of flowers - violets, aquilegia, euphorbia, globe-flowers and much more. Golden Valley, beautiful area with lakes and snowfields is just below Karatash plateau.
Animals we've seen in Kuznetsk Alatau mountains: reindeer, roe deer, bear.
Estimate your fitness level for this trip. You have to carry all stuff and cross some streams on logs.
Height of Karatash pass is 1560 meters above sea level.
Highest point of Kuznetsk Alatau ridge is Verhy Zub (2180m).
Meeting point is Abakan, capital of Khakassia republic.
In the evening we are transported to Luzhba station by train. We cross Tom river before proceeding further into wilderness.
Average day temperature is +15..+25 Celsius. Night temperature is about 0..+10 Celsius.
Fog and low clouds are usual. It can be rainy, so take waterproof clothes and equipment.
Trekking 2018 pictures
Group meeting on 19th June in Abakan. Preparation for trekking, leaving Abakan by train in the evening.
List of equipment
- backpack, warm sleeping bag (with extreme temperature to -15 celsius), sleeping pad
- trekking shoes, light shoes for river wading and day's rest
- rain jacket, pants, fleece pullover, thermal underwear, socks (2 pairs of cotton and 1 pairs of warm trekking socks), cap, raincoat
- the dishes (mug, spoon, bowl and knife)
- forehead lamp
- matches, personal first-aid kit, dental paste with tooth brush, tissue